Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Friends?

Most people have them, but I'm not sure I do anymore.

I was sitting there eating the spicy chicken patty that the school calls 'food' and I call 'barely acceptable'.  The chatter of half the school eating their lunches as well was getting to me more than usual -- the sounds were washing over me, beating on my like waves on a lonely rock.  God, did I ever feel like that lonely rock.  Before I knew it, my eyes were closed.

My mind's eye caught a glimpse of that tall figure.  I think it was, at least.  It was fast.  If it was, it would be the first time in almost three weeks.  I didn't have time to think on it, though, because immediately after I heard snickering coming from my left.

I opened my eyes and saw Jason and Hannah sitting, eating, talking about something I didn't care about.  It didn't look like they'd been paying any attention to me at all.  I remained wary.  I looked out into the hall and heard it again, and it was definitely directed at me from my left.  I swung around in my seat and asked them what the hell was so funny.

Hannah stared at me without saying anything.  Jason said something about my mom's tits, which only pissed me off.  Hannah said they weren't laughing at me and went back to talking to Jason, so I left them alone.

Then it came from my right.

"Lucas, what the fuck is your problem?"  The whole table went silent as I spun around to face him.  His round Polish face entertained a bewildered look, but I wasn't buying his shit.  "Knock it off, man."  Nobody said anything for a while.  I went back to my sandwich, but I could feel the glances being exchanged all around me.

I didn't see them for the rest of the day, and I don't really care.  Fuck, I don't even know why I'm writing this.  It's not like it has anything to do with why I made this blog in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment